Please tell us if you are unhappy with any aspect of the care you have received.
We strive to provide a high level of service and ensure all patients are pleased with their experience while in our care. We aim to deal with complaints promptly and politely, to ensure the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
We learn from every complaint made to ensure mistakes are not repeated, and amend our protocols, if necessary, to minimise the chance of the issue happening again.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is Susan Keita.
- If you complain on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to your complaint and offer to refer you to Susan.
- If Susan is not available at the time, a staff member will take details of the complaint and pass them on as soon as possible. If Susan is unable to contact you within a reasonable period, or you do not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with the complaint.
- If we receive your complaint in writing, we will pass your letter on immediately to Susan.
- If you complain about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges, the complaint will normally be referred to the dentist, unless you do not want this to happen. We will tell you when you will be able to talk to the dentist, and arrangements will be made for you to meet them.
- If you do not wish to meet us to discuss the complaint, we will attempt to contact you by telephone.
- We will acknowledge your complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within two working days.
- We will seek to investigate within ten working days following receipt of the complaint to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint.
- If we are unable to investigate your complaint within ten working days, we will notify you, giving reasons for the delay and when the investigation is likely to be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- We keep proper and comprehensive reports of any complaint received.
- We may need to share your complaint with the Commissioning Support Unit (CSU), but this will only take place when you give your written consent.
If you are not satisfied with the result of our procedure, you can make a complaint to the following organisations:
For NHS treatment contact:
PO Box 16738
0300 311 22 33
For private treatment:
The Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
08456 120 540