When you first visit Hitchin Dental
When you see us for the first time, your appointment will last longer because the dentist will want to spend some time getting to know a little more about you and examining your mouth.
After a warm welcome from our friendly reception team, you can expect the following:
- Your dentist will check all your details and ask some questions about your medical history. They will also look at any forms you have completed to make sure it will be safe to carry out treatment.
- They will examine your teeth and check for signs of oral cancer by looking at your mouth, cheeks and tongue. They will also look at your neck and jaw for anything unusual.
- If required, you may also have radiographs (x-rays) to look for concealed conditions, such as loss of bone density or hidden decay.
- The dentist will let you know what they have discovered during the examination and discuss any treatment that may be required, as well as all the options available, the cost and how long it will take.
- We will give you a treatment plan to read and sign.
When it is time for your next appointment, we will send you a reminder 72 hours beforehand, so you don’t forget to attend. If you have any dental problems in between appointments, please do not hesitate to contact us.